When a patient comes to us with minor damage, then we can often address it using tooth bonding. But what about serious damage? To address fractures, breakage, or advanced decay and infection, we can use a custom-made dental crown.
Try Our Quiz on Natural Looking Crowns
- True or False: Crowns can address multiple issues with a tooth.
- True or False: We use different materials to create them.
- True or False: Each one will be custom-made.
- True or False: They can last for several years.
- True. We can address decay and infection as discussed above, as well as minor and major damage to the teeth. We can also use them to address issues with the shape of the teeth, anchor dental bridges in place, or restore single tooth dental implants. They offer a host of restorative and cosmetic benefits.
- True. For the more visible, front-facing teeth we may suggest porcelain, which reflects light like natural enamel and can be shaded to match surrounding teeth. For the rear teeth, which must endure greater bite forces, we can place zirconia or porcelain-fused-to-metal.
- True. We will prepare the teeth receiving them by removing a small amount of tooth structure. We then take detailed impressions, which allow us to design and create the restorations. Once complete, we can place them using a powerful bonding agent.
- True. They can last for years, even decades, with proper care and attention. You should care for them alongside your natural teeth, which means brushing twice a day and flossing every night. You also need to see your dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning, which protest your smile for oral health issues, from tooth decay and infection to gingivitis and gum disease.
Talk To Cedar West Family Dentistry About Crowns
At Cedar West Family Dentistry, we can help you obtain a custom-made dependable restoration. Our practice can work with you to provide solutions to common oral health issues. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment with us, call our family dental office in Richfield, MN, today at (612) 861-7188.