Have you lost a tooth? Don’t panic! We have dental prosthetics to help patients in Richfield, MN, enjoy a full and functional smile. In today’s blog, we’re going to look at creating and placing a lifelike dental bridge.
Try Our Quiz on Tooth Loss and Dental Bridges
- True or False: Even a single missing tooth puts your smile at risk.
- True or False: Each bridge will be custom-made.
- True or False: They can address one or more lost teeth.
- True or False: You will need to care for your new prosthetic.
- True. When you lose a tooth, the gap in your smile can eventually cause surrounding teeth to drift form position. Over time, this allows misalignment to occur, increasing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. The gap in your smile also places pressure on the jaw joints, making the onset of TMJ disorder and bruxism more likely as well.
- True. We will first prepare the teeth on either side of the gap, removing a small amount of structure. We then take detailed impressions, which will be used to design and create the dental bridge. The prosthetic will consist of the replacement tooth or teeth, with crowns attached to each end. We place the crowns onto the prepared teeth and they anchor the replacement teeth firmly in place.
- True. We can replace one missing tooth, or up to three in a row.
- True. You will need to brush them twice a day when you do the same for your other teeth. You also need to floss around them, including the space between the top of the gums and the bottom of the bridge, where food particles can accumulate. If you have any questions about addressing tooth loss or about our lifelike tooth replacement options, please contact our team today.
Do You Have a Missing Tooth?
We can address minor tooth loss with a lifelike and durable tooth replacement option. To learn more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Keller by calling Cedar West Family Dentistry in Richfield, MN, today at (612) 861-7188.